Sangoma Tapping ToolHigh-performance line monitoring using Sangoma Voice Cards
As requirements for security, customer service and legal responsibilities have increased, it has become important to be able to monitor and record telephone conversations.
Sangoma’s T1/E1 tapping solution is a high performance, robust and inexpensive toolkit that gives you complete access to the T1/E1 voice and signaling interfaces. Based on the popular A102, A104 and A108 AFT cards, the system supports the tapping of one, two and four T1/E1 lines per card respectively.
A convenient Tap Connection Adapter is available, which allows the data transport line to be hard wired with strain relief. The tapping connections are then simply connected to the RJ45 connectors provided.
Both normal impedance and high impedance (high sensitivity) modes are supported.
Variable impedance tap
Tap connector showing strain
relief for permanent
- Windows® 2003, Windows® XP, Windows®Server 2008, Windows® Vista
- Linux (all versions, releases and distributions from 1.0 up)
- WANPIPEMON, SNMP, System logs
- FCC Part 15 Class A, FCC Part 68, CISPR 22, EN 55022 Class A, CIPSR 24, AFIC-S016, IEC 60950
- Technical certifications in Russia, Malaysia and Australia atick
- Lifetime warranty on parts and labour
- PLUS 30-day “no questions asked” return policy
The Sangoma Line Tapping Solution is comprised physically of an A102 (dual port) A104 (quad port) or A108 (octal port) T1/E1 card, standard cabling, and a Tap Connection Adapter (SKU: TAP). The lines to be tapped are hard wired into the Tap Connection Adapter. Straight cables are connected between the Tap Connection Adapter and a pair of ports on the T1/E1 card, allowing both sides of the line to be monitored simultaneously.
The system can be used in both standard impedance and high impedance modes, high impedance being used to ensure that no accidental short of the monitoring lines will affect the flow of T1/E1 traffic.Technical Specifications
- Supports tapping from one to four T1/E1 ports per card
- Includes low-level API under Windows® and Linux®, which supports access to the G.711 data streams directly, as well as access to D channel HDLC traffic for interpretation of the PRI control packets
- Both PRI and RBS-type signaling are supported
- Line impedance: 100/120 ohms standard T1/E1or 1200 ohms high impedance
- Highly-optimized driver allows tapping of up to 16 spans on a single PC with minimal system load
- Connection to Tap Connection Adapter uses a standard straight RJ45 cable
- Tapping solution available in PCI (5 V), PCI-X (3.3 V), and PCI-Express form factors
- Board dimensions: 2U height form factor: 290 mm x 55 mm for use in a 2U chassis
- Short 2U compatible mounting clips available for installation in 2U rackmount servers
- 32-bit bus master DMA data exchanges across PCI interface at 132 Mbytes/sec for minimum host processor intervention
- Compatible with all commercially available motherboards with full IRQ sharing with other PCI devices
- Intelligent hardware: Downloadable Field Programmable Gate Array programming with multiple operating modes. Field upgradable so that new features related to voice and/or data can be added when they become available.
- Power: 800 mA peak, operational 300 mA max at +3.3 V or 5 V
- Temperature range: 0 – 50 °C